Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 2, 2019

November 25th through December 1st



November 25th through December 1st:  Monday I drove Chris to work and then I spent the day driving Uber.  Then I picked her up from work and we rode home together.  When we got home, I drove down to American Fork to pick up my truck because James had a new back window installed.  Thanks James for your help.  Tuesday I went and cleaned up all my tools from Kory and Amy’s house.  I still have a few punch list items, but they want the basement cleaned up for some house guests that would be staying for Thanksgiving.  I then drove Chris to work and I drove Uber while she worked.  Wednesday we went to the temple for our shift and I had the honor and pleasure of officiating the sealing of Truman and Susan Welling.  Truman is the son of our niece Megan Welling who is the daughter of Chris’ brother Craig and his wife Pam Cornwall.  It was the first sealing I have done for a family member.  It was very special to be asked to seal this wonderful couple.  

Truman  and Susan Welling 

They both served missions to Thailand,but did not know each other in the mission field.  They met in a Thai class at BYU.  After pictures at the temple, we went to the wedding luncheon here in Bountiful.  Then in the evening John B and Kate went with us to the reception in West Point.  It was snowing very hard and a lot of snow was expected for the rest of the week.  After the reception, I went out and drove Uber for a few hours.  

Wedding luncheon with L to R Wendy, Pam's Sister, Craig, Chris' brother, Pam, Craig's wife, Sidney, Craig and Pam's grand daughter and sister to the groom.
At the reception, the bride and groom took a break to eat.

Thursday we had Alex and Charlotte and their family over for Thanksgiving dinner.  They were going to go to Denver to be with Alex’s family, but with the big snow storm this week they decided to stay home.  It was fun to some of our family with us for Thanksgiving dinner.  All the rest of our kids were with their in-laws. In the evening, I went to work driving Uber and everyone else went shopping for black Friday even though it was not Friday yet.  Friday I got up early and drove Uber till 8:00 am.  Craig and Pam, Chris’ brother and sister-in-law came to brunch at 10:30 am and we enjoyed a nice time with them.  We then went and picked up my brother, Van, and drove down to Cedar Hills to visit my sister-in-law, Molly.  My oldest brother died in 2008 and she was down from her home in Washington visiting a daughter for Thanksgiving.  Tad met us there and we had a nice visit with her.  We then drove home in another snow storm.  
L to R Van, Me, Molly and Tad

I set up the Christmas tree and Chris and Ellie, our granddaughter started decorating it.  

It snowed almost everyday this last week.

Saturday I woke up early and went and drove Uber till 8:00am.  I then customized some shelves for John and Jill.  Chris finished the tree and then we went and saw Tom Hanks in “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood”.  We liked it and felt like it had a great message.  Be kind.  Sunday we went to church and ate leftovers.  We are truly thankful for all our many blessings.

John B. said that with the new shelves I am officially done with the punch list on his house.
I put up the tree and mom and Ellie decorated it.


1 comment:

Sam said...

When you drove Chris home from work does she give you a 5 star rating?