Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 9, 2019

December 2nd through December 8th

December 2nd through December 8th: This week I got into my two new jobs.  Monday I drove Uber from 4am till 9am and then I went and worked on the punch list at Kory and Amy’s house.  Afterwards, I went to lunch with an old friend, Wally Cooper.  I asked him for his help in getting the names of the project managers at some of the construction companies that are doing temple remodels.  I am going to help try and get more temple work for the cabinet company I am now working for.  I went back to Kory’s and finished the last of the punch list.  Tuesday I went out again at 4am and drove Uber till 8am.  Chris and I then went to the rec. center and walked around the track for 30 minutes.  We are trying to get some exercise.  I drove Chris to work and then I drove Uber till 9pm when I picked Chris up from work.  Wednesday we went to our morning temple shift and then I went to lunch with Shawn, the owner of the cabinet company and Doug Thayne.  Doug is an old friend and has been doing out of the country temple work for the last 20 years.  He has some good contacts that will help me get to the right people.  Chris and I spent the rest of the day doing errands and finishing the Christmas decorations around the house.  I went out in the evening and drove Uber.  Thursday I drove Chris to work and I stayed in Salt Lake driving Uber.  When I picked Chris up from work at noon, we drove to American Fork and took Kirstin out to lunch for her birthday.  James and Campbell joined us for lunch.  We had a nice time with the three of them.  
Lunch with Kirstin, James and Campbell.

We then did some Christmas shopping.  I went out in the evening and drove Uber again.  Friday Chris and I drove into Salt Lake to attend the Salt Lake temple one last time before the 4 year closure later this month.  My brother, Van, was on shift and we saw him and then went to lunch with Van and his wife, Maude.  When we got home from lunch, I got changed and went and drove Uber.  I took a break and went with Chris to see Bryce and Kate’s son, Stan, sing in his school’s holiday choir.  

Kid choirs are great.
Stanford at his choir performance.

Chris then went with Kate to Ogden to check on her booth at a Christmas boutique for the Ergo spout and I went back out driving.  Saturday I changed out the vent in our bathroom and went and hung a very large painting at Bryce and Kate’s home.  It was the painting we had painted of Kate when she was young.  Chris went to breakfast with some of her old colleagues.  She then went shopping.  I went out and drove for a few hours.  I am trying to figure out when is the best time to drive Uber.  I am always surprised that at almost any hour I seem to find trips to either take someone somewhere or to deliver food to someone.  I never knew that people ordered food at 4 in the morning.  When I got home Chris and I went and watched Kate and her son, Kimball, sing at their ward Christmas party.  They did a great job.  

Kimball and Kate singing.


Sunday we went to church and then in the evening we went and visited Alex and Charlotte’s family and Bryce and Kate’s family delivering a Christmas book to them.  We also watched the First Presidency’s Christmas devotional with Charlotte’s family.  When we got home we gave John and Jill’s family their book. 

No comments: