Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 23, 2019

December 16th through December 22nd



December 16th through December 22nd: Monday I got up early and drove Uber and Mom went to work. I spent the rest of the day framing a wall above the half-wall of brick that made the fireplace in Paul’s basement and covering it with OSB board.  

OSB installed.

Tuesday I again went drive early till I had to meet with Shawn at Client’s Design, the cabinet company where I am now working part-time.  He gave me a list of companies to visit and deliver a box of apples as a Christmas gift.  I went and finished installing MDF over the fireplace and then installed molding over the MDF.  I also got all of the crown molding installed.  I then delivered apples the rest of the day.  

MDF and moldings installed.

Wednesday we went to our temple shift.  Before we got started with sealings, one of the other sealers saw that one of his sheets of marriages had 3 couples with Spanish names.  He said, "I can’t pronounce these names, you had better switch one of your sheets with this one of mine".  Our first session of sealings is always with temple workers participating as patrons.  I got choked up doing the Spanish names.  It took me right back to Guatemala.  I apologized for being so emotional and explained that I had memories of being back in Guatemala.  We think of Guatemala every day and have such fond memories of our time there.  One of the temple workers asked if I was there when Larry and Babbette Jenson were serving there.  I of course said yes, they were our temple missionaries and we loved serving with them.  He said, "Well, Larry is my brother." The church is such a small place.  In the afternoon, I went to the dermatologist and he took a biopsy of something he did not like by my right eye.  He also froze something on the tip of my nose.  So now I have some scabs on my face.  We had a ward temple activity in the evening.  I went up and did a sealing session with members from our ward.  Chris went to watch Ellie and Moose/James at their orchestra performance.  They both play the cello and did very well.  The music was excellent.  
Ellie and her cello.
Moose and his cello.
Thursday I drove early and then went and finished the casing and base in the room where I installed the door to the garage.  Then in the afternoon I delivered apples.  Mom went to lunch with Kate and Charlotte to celebrate Kate's birthday that she will have next week.

New door to the house and concrete step.


Friday I drove for a few hours in the early morning.  I then finished my Christmas apples deliveries.  I dropped mom off at the train station and she went down to American Fork to tend James and Kirstin’s kids for the evening.  I drove Uber till 8:00pm and then I went and picked up Chris.  Saturday I got up and drove early.  I am finding that from 3:00am to 8:00 or 9:00am is a good time to drive and I always wake up early so it doesn’t interfere with my other projects.  I got a text from one of the sealers at the temple asking if I could take his place for his mid-day shift.  He had come down with a bad cold.  So I stopped driving and went home to shower and eat and get ready to go to the temple.  Mom went with Kate and her kids and Alex and Charlotte and their kids to see the lights on temple square in the evening.  
Visiting the Christmas lights at temple square.
Mom with 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters.
Sunday we only had sacrament meeting and the speakers and music were very nice and brought the Christmas spirit to the meeting.  We went to dinner with Alex and Charlotte’s family in the evening. It was a great week and went by really fast.  Merry Christmas to all of you.

No comments: