Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 16, 2019

December 9th through December 15th

December 9th through December 15th: Monday I started helping a neighbor, Paul, make some changes on his new condo that is just up the street.  He and his wife plan to move from the house they have lived in for many years and down size to a smaller home.  I cut a new door from the garage into the house.  Before you had to go out the back of the garage and then into the front door of the condo.  I installed the new door.  

Almost ready to take out the studs and then reframe and install the new garage door.

Mom went to work.  In the evening we went to Jake’s holiday concert.  

Jake is on the back row with a white shirt.

Tuesday I got up early and drove Uber for a few hours.  Mom went to work and I then went and framed up a step from the garage floor into the house. We then poured the concrete step.  In the afternoon, I started visiting general contractors to get to know the players in temple remodeling.  In the evening, mom had her work Christmas party.  Wednesday we went to our temple shift and then I drove Uber for a few hours.  Chris went to Tilda's class and talked about Swedish Christmas traditions.  

Grandma telling Tilda's class about Swedish Christmas traditions.
Tilda dressed as Santa Lucia.

In the evening we split up and Chris went to Badger’s band performance and I went to Evan’s orchestra concert.  

Badger at his band concert.
Badger with his two grandmas.
Evan at his orchestra concert.
Evan with his mom and dad and little sister, Tilda, after his orchestra concert.


Thursday I got up early and drove Uber.  I then went and installed crown molding in Paul’s condo.  We also went and purchased all the materials to build out his fireplace and make it look craftsman style.  I then drove Uber till 8:30 pm.  Friday I drove Uber till 9:00am and then I visited more general contractors.  In the evening, I substituted at the temple for one of the other sealers and Chris tended grandchildren.  Saturday morning I work up early and drove Uber from 2:00am till 8:00am.   I am really surprised that I am kept busy in the wee hours of the morning.  We then went to our ward Christmas breakfast.  Mom had cooked two breakfast casseroles.  
Badger, Jill, John B, and Moose at the ward Christmas breakfast.
We did not sit on Santa's lap, but he did say he would see what he could do about the corvette I want for Christmas.
We went to Tilda and Abby’s dance recital in the afternoon.  I then went back to driving Uber for 3 hours in the evening.  
Abby and Tilda are up there somewhere.
Abby and Tilda after there dance program.
Sunday we had church and then a family dinner at Kate’s house.  We got our trip to Arizona all planned for the week after Christmas.  We have rented a house big enough for all of us to be together.  I know we will have a great time. 
Emme and Abby as Santa Lucia after our family dinner.

No comments: