Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2019

January 21st through January 27th



January 21st through January 27th:  Monday I got the shower taped with fiberglass mesh tape and John B. helped me get the concrete floor cut and trenched so we can run an electrical wire for a plug in the kitchen island.  We also got the crown mold installed in the kitchen/dining room.  Mom went to work. 
Shower taped ready for waterproofing.
Concrete cut ready for wiring for plug in island.
Tuesday I got the shower and the floor of the washer and dryer area waterproofed with Red Guard and then I built the island and finished all the wainscoting.  Mom went to work. 
Shower waterproofed.
Washer pan waterproofed.
Island installed and paneling attached.
All the moldings are finally installed.
Wednesday I built and installed the cabinets in the bedroom.  Mom is in charge of puttying all the nail holes. She says it will keep her busy. 
Mom filling nail holes.
Cabinets in the bedroom at the foot of the bed.
Cabinets at the head of the bed.  The 3 cabinets in the middle are for the bathroom.
Thursday We took a break to visit the doctor because I have been having a pain in my side.  Not surprisingly, I have a hernia.  I can finish the apartment and then have surgery.  Chris is delighted that I will have a medically enforced 6 weeks of rest and recovery.  I finished the carpentry in the bedroom and the hall and got another coat of waterproofing on the shower and floor.  Mom will forever be filling nail holes.  Friday I started the tile in the shower.  
Friday 1/2 the shower got tiled.
Saturday Mom started her shift in the temple so we were able to be there together.  It was wonderful to feel the spirit of the ordinances and to be serving again in the House of the Lord.  When we got home, John B. and Alex, our son-in-law, had taken a load of trash to the dump.  I worked till 8:00pm finishing the wall tile in the shower.  I still have the trim pieces to do.  Mom spent the afternoon and evening cleaning up and puttying nail holes.  Sunday was the monthly dinner with all our kids and grandkids that live in Utah.  It was fun to be together.  Mom did a lesson on John and we gave out Red Vines for correct answers to questions about John.  
Some of the Family after Mom's lesson.
This is John B and his family only Jake in not in the picture.
Sunset Sunday night as we ate dinner.
We made some progress on the apartment this week but the list of things to do seem to be getting longer.  We only have 3 weeks till the appliances arrive and we cannot delay them any longer.  So we will have to stay focused and not get distracted.  I don’t think about much of anything except getting the apartment done.  It makes me pretty boring.  I do enjoy going to the temple for my sealing shift on Saturday.  I did my first live sealing of a couple last Saturday and that was really special.  But other than my temple shift, all I do and think about is getting the apartment done.
Badger's bathroom cabinet doors installed.
 

No comments: