Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2019

January 7th through January 13th



January 7th through January 13th:  Monday the plumber came and set the toilet and fixtures in Badger’s bathroom.  He also got the pan liner down in our shower.  Chris went to work and had her first full day of clients.  I painted ceilings.  We drove to American Fork in the evening and had a wonderful dinner and visit with our good friends Mike and Merlene Ellington.  It was great to see them and so nice of them to drive up from Mount Pleasant to see us.  Tuesday, I got up and went to my happy place, Home Depot, and bought 4- 80 lbs bags of sand mix for the mortar bed in our shower.  Badger wasn’t feeling well and had stayed home from school.  I convinced him to help me carry the bags down to the basement and to help me mix the concrete.  We did not have enough so we used some concrete mix that I had left over from the repair of the concrete we took out for the new plumbing in Badger’s bathroom.  

This shower is more than twice as big as the last one.

He was a big help and we got done about noon and so I took him to lunch.  I got cleaned up and went for my orientation at the temple with the supervisor over the sealers.  I got my locker key and will have my first shift on Saturday.  In the afternoon, I pulled the toilet in our bath and framed for the larger vanity we need.  Mom went to work in the evening and came home after I was asleep. 

Badger's new shower.  Chris got the tile sealed.
Floor grouted.

Wednesday I added two can lights in our bathroom and installed the bathroom accessories in Badger’s bath-- towel bar, toilet paper holder, mirror and so on, including the finish carpentry. Thursday I cut the hardi board for our shower and installed the sheetrock in our bathroom.  We took Charlotte and Alex to lunch for Charlotte’s birthday.  We also ended up going to dinner with their family.  Charlotte’s present to herself is not to cook on her birthday.  

Happy Birthday Charlotte
Vanity, hardware and medicine cabinet installed in Badger's new bathroom.
Doors to vanity will come later.

Friday I got the sheetrock taped and all the ceilings got their last coat of paint so I installed all the lights in the 40 cans.  

Sheet rock is up--vanity goes on the left, toilet on the right.
Badger's new bathroom with the mouldings installed.
We have plenty of light!


Saturday John B. finished installing the Hardi board in our shower.  

Our shower is ready for taping, waterproofing, and then tile.

I went to the temple for my first sealing shift.  I really enjoyed being back in the temple.  We went to dinner with our good friends, Paul and Liz Belnap,  and enjoyed catching up.  I came home and did finish carpentry until 11:00 pm.  Being at the temple must have given me added endurance.  So I got my 10 hours of work in.  Sunday we went to church and then we had a great pot roast dinner.  The apartment is progressing, just not as fast as I would like.  We pushed back the delivery of our appliances two weeks and we hope we will be ready now by the 4th of February.  This next week I will concentrate on the finish carpentry and the cabinets.  Life is good and we are very blessed. 

2 comments:

Merlene said...

And on Monday night we drove to American Fork and had a very good Chinese meal at TemptAsia with the Ellingtons. They really enjoyed seeing you and visiting with you.

John Norman said...

You are right. It was great to see you.