Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 4, 2019

anuary 28th through February 3rd



January 28th through February 3rd:  Monday I laid the floor tiles in the shower and the tile for the floor in the bathroom and where the washer goes.  

Shower floor installed.
Bathroom floor installed.
Washer pan installed.

Tuesday I grouted the shower floor and worked on putting “Bondo” on the joints in the wainscoting. 

Pano of the apartment.


Wednesday I finished all the shower tiles on the edges and grouted the bathroom floor and the washer area.  

Shower trim pieces installed.and floor grouted.
Washer pan grouted.

Thursday Mom met Kirstin and Campbell at the Children’s Discovery Museum and spent the morning enjoying our youngest grandchild.  I built an A frame for the truck and went and picked up the prefabricated quartz slabs for the kitchen counter top.  Each morning, John B. has been helping for an hour to an hour and a half at 5:00 am and has almost finished the caulking.  

Early morning hours and I still have a smile on my face.  
Campbell fishing.
Campbell inherited the construction gene.


Friday I installed the vanity in the bath and installed the moldings around the door and the base boards in the bathroom.  I got one of the quartz prefabricated slabs cut for length and cut out for the sink.  I finished this in the dark on the back patio because I had to have Moose hold the hose and run water on the blade to keep it cool.  

Bathroom vanity and moldings installed and floor grouted.
First piece of quartz counter cut ready to install.

Saturday I got up and got the counter top I cut last night installed.  The sink fits.  I got the second top cut for the desk opposite the washer and dryer.  

The sink fits--hurray!

We then went to our temple shift. I did my first sealings in Spanish and had another live sealing.  It was a good shift.   Then we went straight to James’ house to tend their kids for the night.  James’ birthday is Sunday and he took Kirstin to stay overnight in Salt Lake City.  Sunday we went to church with James and his family and then drove back to Salt Lake and went to dinner at Charlotte’s house.  What a week.  We stayed very busy, what with mom working Monday and Tuesday and then helping me get things cleaned and ready for paint.  I am trying to get everything done that needs the table saw or the chop saw, so I can put them out on the patio and keep the floor clean and the dust to a minimum.   I want to use the airless paint sprayer and not have too much dust getting into the wet paint. 

No comments: