Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, January 21, 2019

January 14th through January 20th

January 14th through January 20thMonday mom went to work and I started building the cabinets for the kitchen.  I took a break and went and bought new French doors for the entrance.  This is because I realized that the refrigerator that we had purchased would not fit through the sliding glass doors.  We were always going to have French doors, but we were thinking about waiting until the spring to install them.  Tuesday, John B got up at 4:00am and helped me install the French doors.  I continued working on the cabinets.  Mom helped by puttying holes until she had to go to work.  
The new french doors got installed.

Wednesday Mom helped me cut the material for the wainscoting and I got started installing some of the panels.  

The french doors got trimmed out.

Thursday I finished installing the kitchen.  

The kitchen cabinets got built and installed.

Friday I finished up the wainscoting.  

The wainscoting is all installed.


Saturday I did my shift at the Temple and Chris hosted a Princess Party for 3 of our granddaughters.  She hired Rapunzel to come and help at the party.  They had a great time.  

Mom and Rapunzel with Tilly, Abbie and Emme.

We then took Emme part way home.  Her mom met us at Ikea and we then took the time to find some butcher block for the cabinet-tops in our bedroom.  Sunday we spoke in church and I got in a visit to one of my families.  All in all, it was a good week and we made some progress on the apartment.  We are worried that we will not be ready by the 4th, so I think we will push back the delivery of the appliances another 2 weeks.  All contractors lie, myself included.  It always takes longer and costs more than they say. 

2 comments:

Norm said...

I don't know if you lie... Maybe estimates are just that...

Unknown said...

greetings from Bolivia. You are so skilled! Oscar only knows how to mow the lawn! 😂