Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 20th through March 26th



March 20th through March 26th:  Thursday, I got up early and went and worked on the moldings.  I said last week that they were ready for paint.  I lied, only the downstairs was ready for paint.  I caulked and sanded some more on the upstairs.  Chris got on a plane today to go to Seattle to visit her 3 brothers.  They used to get together every year, but we have been out of the country for so many of the last 4 years, it has been a long time since they were together.  I could only work till 11:00am because I had to go to work at HD.  On my way to work I stopped by Costco in Bountiful to get a hot dog for lunch and as I was walking out I ran into Bill and Linda Johnson.  They were on their way to Vernal to tend grandkids, one of their daughters had just given birth.  It was fun to see them and they wanted me to say hi to everyone.  Friday, I worked all day caulking and getting the upstairs really ready for paint.  At 4:00pm I went to the dentist.  Everything went well, he was able to extract the tooth, do a bone graft, implant the post, and he was able to use my old crown as a temporary crown.   I went home and put ice on my face.  I am sleeping at John and Jill’s for a few days because Alex’s mom came to visit the new baby.  Since Chris was already in Seattle, I thought it was easy to give her our room and I would just sleep at John’s house.  The dentist gave me a prescription for amoxicillin and pain killer.  The pain pills worked real well and I got a good night’s rest.  Saturday, I had to work at HD.  I can only eat soft things so I am now on a diet of yogurt and mac and cheese.  Sunday, I taught our Sunday School lesson alone, boy does she owe me, and then had to go to work at HD.  Chris got home about 4:00pm and I was done at 5:00pm.  She had a good time with her brothers.

Chris' brothers L to R Craig, Scott, Mark and of course Chris.

Monday, Chris had a substitute teaching job so I stayed home in the morning and helped get Charlotte’s kids to school.  Then Charlotte dropped me off at HD.  Only 3 more days of work at HD.  Tuesday, I went and painted the moldings.  Ten hours of painting is a lot for an old man and I was really tired when I got home.  I am still eating only soft foods, so I had yogurt for breakfast and lunch and mom made me mashed potatoes for dinner.  Wednesday, I again painted for 10 hours and finished the second coat on the downstairs moldings.  Chris had a half day teaching job and then went and had gum grafts.  So she is also now eating only soft foods.  You would think we are old people or something.  We are glad that we are able to get this dental stuff done now so we won’t have problems in Oaxaca.  We only have a little more than 6 weeks before we leave. 

No comments: