Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 4, 2014

March 27th through April 4th



March 27th through April 4th:  Thursday, Mom taught at Horizonte and I worked at HD.  Friday, Mom was back at Horizonte and I had my last 5:00am shift at HD.  After Chris got home from work, we went to a movie and then met John’s family at Green Leaf for yogurt. On the way home mom said, “Slow down that policeman just flipped a U turn and is following you.”  I wasn’t paying attention and realized I was at our street, so I turned really quick.  Right in front of Charlotte’s house I get pulled over.  The policeman says, “Do you know why I pulled you over?”  I said, “NO”.  He said, “Well you have a headlight out and one of you brake lights does not work and you made a really quick turn back there.  Were you trying to ditch me?”  I said, “No I wasn’t paying attention and this is the street we live on.  In fact we live right here.”  He took my license and went back to his car.  He came back and said, “What can you tell me about a statewide warrant for your arrest for failure to appear in Nephi?”  I was a little shocked and it took me a minute to think.  I remembered.  I said, “Back in 2011 I got a ticket for a registration problem.  I appeared in front of the judge and gave her a letter from the county clerk explaining the problem and she dismissed the ticket.”  He said, “If you would have told me any other story I would be taking you to jail tonight.  I’m going to let you go, but you have to promise me you will take care of this Monday morning.”  I said, “Of course I will.”  So instead of spending the night in jail I got a free pass.  No ticket for the headlight, nothing.  Nice guy, that Bountiful officer.  On the way into the house Chris said, “You sure know how to show a girl a good time.”  Yes I do.  Of course Evan and Miles both saw the flashing lights and wanted to know what was going on.  It was just papa almost getting arrested. 

Tilly getting some tummy time with papa.

Saturday, I worked my last shift at HD.  It is so nice to be done there.  I just hope I now can get everything done for the Rigby’s.  We went and spent the night at John and Jill’s house.  After church on Sunday we cooked mashed potatoes and hamburger gravy with mashed squash.  We both still can’t eat anything that has to be chewed.  Monday, I called on the warrant for my arrest.  They weren’t open.  Mom went to another dentist to see if she needed a root canal.  They decided it needed one but after the crown was taken off and the cavity and root canal done, there would not be enough tooth for another crown. So she is going to have it extracted.  The dentist said it was not a tooth that you use very much.  She left that dentist and went to the one that did her gum grafts.  He had a cancelation for Tuesday, so she took the time slot.  I worked at the molding / painting job.  I taped off the hardwood floors and started the moldings on the main floor.  We went out to Katie’s for Family Home Evening.  Mom taught a cute lesson about having an anchor in your life.

The anchor and chain. Don't look at moms bruises from her gum grafts.
Family Home Evening, Abby is drawing with papa.

Tuesday, I called again on my problem and the clerk said they it says I never appeared.  I explained that I had and they even had taken a copy of the letter from the county clerk.  She said she would talk to the judge and see if she remembers.  I asked that the audio be reviewed and she said that they didn’t have audio from that long ago.  It is my word against the court’s word.  Mom had her tooth extracted and I worked all day painting the molding on the main floor.  Wednesday, Mom taught at Glendale Middle School, when she picked me up, she said, “I will never go back to that school.”  You get the idea; she did not have a great day.  I painted moldings.  Thursday, Mom taught at Emerson Elementary and had an easy day.  I worked on the entertainment center downstairs.  I added a face frame to the existing cabinets.  Friday, I called again to see what the judge had said and the clerk said, “Oh I haven’t talked to the judge yet, call me next Tuesday and I should know something by then.”  I just hope I don’t get pulled over in the mean time.  I did get the headlight and brake light fixed.  I finished the cabinets and got a coat of primer on the face frame that I had added. I changed out all the hinges to concealed hinges and patched where the old hinges had been.  Mom went to lunch with an old high school friend, Chris Andrus Springman.

Mom and Chris Andrus Springman

2 comments:

Sam said...

The court didn't give you anything back in 2011?

John Norman said...

Yes the court gave me something and it is in a box somewhere in a 10 x 10 storage unit. Don't have time to try and find it.