Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 6th through March 14th



March 6th through March 14th:  It has been hard to find time to write this blog.  I have been burning the candle at both ends.  As you read you will get the idea.  Thursday, March 6th, I was up early and at the molding job at 7:00am.  I worked on the stairs and getting the base to die into the stair skirts, so that things would look good and flow together well.  I installed more base downstairs. 

I had to make the stair skirts wider to flow into the new baseboards.

I met Chris and Wally and Martha at Crown Burger for dinner about 6:00pm and then we went to another lecture on the Dead Sea Scrolls.  This time it was a lecture on the Isaiah scrolls.  This professor was on the international team of translators of the scrolls and boy did he love Isaiah and his style of writing.  Friday, I had the pleasure of going to the endodontist and have surgery on a front tooth that I was having problems with.  Turns out that he cut me open only to find a crack and that he could not repair the 35 year old root canal.  He said it would have to come out and I would need a bridge or an implant.  He sewed me up and said that will be 600 dollars.  So I have 6 stitches, a sore mouth,  a lighter pocket book and still have a tooth that needs to be fixed.  It is not bothering me and so we emailed Pres. Atkinson and he said many Americans come to Oaxaca to get dental work done.  I think that is what we will do.  There is just not time to get it all done here before we leave.    Saturday, I worked at Home Depot from 10:00am till 5:30pm.  Sunday, we asked our Sunday school class to sing a song on the Sunday in April that we talk.  They said they would.  I had to work in the afternoon.  Monday, I got up at 6:00am and went and looked at patio doors at the Home Depot in Salt Lake.  They had one door left that would fit the door at the Rigby’s.  So I bought it and had it delivered.  I then went and finished installing the bathroom floor and base for Brother Pascoe in our ward.  I then went to work at Home Depot and finished up at 6:00pm.  Tuesday, I got up early and was at Home Depot by 6:00am buying wood for the jambs and casings for 5 windows that got added to the molding job.  I then went to John’s house to rip the sills.  I made it to the job site a little after 7:00am.  I worked on the sills for the windows and then started the door.  I had some real problems getting a plate milled and installed into the 60 year old concrete.  But finally I got the door installed except for the casing and hardware.  I finished up about 7:00pm. 

The new patio door downstairs.

Wednesday, I got to work early again. Chris dropped me off about 7:30am and then she went to a substituting job at Edison Elementary.  I got the windows cased and finished the door.  Everything downstairs is installed and ready for sanding.

Some of the windows that got added.
New base boards and casings.

Mom came and picked me up about 6:30 pm.  Thursday, mom dropped me at 7:00am and she went to East High for another sub job.  I sanded for 5 hours straight and got the basement sanded.  It makes such a mess that we are going to wait to start the painting until all the sanding is done.  Mom picked me up at 1:00pm and I went straight to the shower when I got home.  I was covered in dust.

I wore a mask to sand but everything else was white.

We had lunch together and then I went to work.  I got off an hour early at 9:00pm because I have to be back at work at 5:00am.  Friday, I got up at 4:30am and went to work at Home Depot and worked until 12:30pm.  Then I went to the molding job and got all the nail holes filled upstairs.  The upstairs is ready for sanding.  I will tackle that on Tuesday.

New base boards and casings.

Mom had a sub job at Meadowlark Elementary. I came home at 5:00pm and mom is at John’s tending and I am writing this blog and tending Tilda and the 3 boys while Charlotte and Alex goes to the store.  8 weeks to go.  Can’t wait.
The best part of any day.

1 comment:

Merlene said...

Going on your mission will be like a vacation after the work that you two are presently doing. You make me tired.