Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 15th through March 20th:



March 15th through March 20th:  Saturday, I went to work at Home Depot and in the afternoon Chris and I took 10 of our grandkids to see “Mr. Peabody and Sherman”.  We had help from Katie and Charlotte and Alex so it was only two children to one adult.  It was fun to be out and about with all of them.  Sunday, we went to church with James and Kirstin to listen to Kirstin speak in church.  She gave a great talk and it was fun to play with Rigby on the bench while Chris walked the halls with Emme.  Every time Emme heard her mother’s voice she would say, “Mommy, mommy, mommy.”  Chris did not get to hear much of Kirstin’s talk, but she had it written out so she got to read it afterwards.  Then we went to another sacrament meeting to listen to the homecoming talks of Chris’s cousin and his wife, Paul and Marty Westover.  They had just returned from their mission to Cambodia, where they had spent the last 23 months as the office couple.  They gave great talks and it made us want to be in the mission field--only 7 and 1/2 weeks left.

L to R Me, Chris, Marty and Paul Westover, the returning missionaries, Kari and Mark Larabee, Kari is another of Chris' cousins.

We had dinner at John and Jill’s home.  It was the monthly sibling get-together for dinner, so the house was full of cousins and Katie brought a turkey.  So we had a Thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious.  Thanks everyone that brought food. I really enjoyed it. 

Sunday dinner.
Sunday dinner.

Monday was crazy, I got up and went to work at 500am.  I was supposed to work till 1:30pm, but they want me to come back at 6:00pm and set tile in the break room, so they let me go at 9:30am.  I went home and changed clothes and went and grouted the bathroom floor for Brother Pascoe. 

The grouted bathroom floor.

Then Chris and I went to lunch and afterwards we went to the dentist’s office and got my stitches out.  I then went back to Home Depot and Bob, another employee of Home Depot, and I laid out the floor and we both started in the middle. We each had about 400 square feet of tile to lay.  I finished up with my side at 12:30am. 

That is Bob on his half of the room.
Bob is just finishing up, but my end is done.

I don’t think I have been that tired in a long time.  My body hurt in so many places.  I didn’t fall asleep until about 1:30am.  Tuesday, I got up and went to work at the molding job.  I sanded and fixed joints for 10 hours.  It is finally ready for painting.  Wednesday, I slept 10 hours last night.  My body is trying to recuperate from the abuse I am inflicting on it.  I went to the molding job early and started caulking.   I met Chris at a new periodontist’s office.  Chris had her receding gums looked at and she needs to have gum grafts and I had my cracked tooth checked out and am going to have it extracted and maybe a post implanted on Friday.  We will have to see how much we can get done here.  Maybe I will have to have the crown done in Mexico, but the plan is to try and at least have the post done before we leave.  Chris will have her surgery next week and a couple of cavities fixed.  We have at least one tender mercy, the Rigby’s want me to do the painting and think they have enough work to keep me busy till we leave and so I gave notice at Home Depot and my last day will be the 29th.  With my social security starting and the work from the Rigby’s we should be able to pay for all this dental work.  We feel so blessed and know that we are being looked after and we are so grateful for all of our blessings.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Have you made friends with any of the guys who get work from the home depot parking lot?