Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 4, 2019

October 28th through November 3rd



October 28th through November 3rd:  Monday mom went to work and because the painter at Kory and Amy’s house would not be done until this Friday, I went to my daughter, Kate’s, home and tore out one side of her kitchen.  She has not had an oven that works for years.  They tried to get their double oven repaired, but the repairman said it would cost more than replacing the ovens.  Kate’s in-laws said that they had a range that Bryce and Kate could have if I could reconfigure the kitchen so that a range would fit where their cook top was. So I tore out the cabinet with the cook top, the cabinet above the cook top and the double oven cabinet.  I then went and bought all the materials I would need to build new cabinets.  

Bryce and Kate's kitchen before I stated the demo.
Cabinets demoed.  I left the cabinet above the fridge.

Tuesday I built the new cabinets, leaving an opening for the range.  I also got the rewiring done.  Mom served in the nursery for the Stake scripture study class and then went to work from noon on.  

Rewired and new cabinets built.

Wednesday we went to our temple shift and then we went into Salt Lake to find a countertop for the new base cabinet next to the range.  I found a place that would build a plastic laminate top to match the top on the other side of the room for $250.00.  I thought that was a lot of money for a 4 foot top, so I went to the place where I had purchased the quartz for our kitchen and for John and Jill’s kitchen.  I found a piece of broken granite that was a close match to the plastic laminate color and that I could cut and make fit for $60.00.  We then went to R C Willey’s furniture store and bought a new couch for our apartment.  We want to have a sofa bed for when Ginny and Sam come to visit.  Thursday mom went to the Halloween parade at the elementary school where 6 of our grandkids go and then drove to American Fork to see James and Kirstin’s kid’s parade.  
Tilda as Cleopatra. 
Kimball the chipmunk.
Miles 
Stanford as T-Rex
Luke as another T-Rex
Abby as a cat.
Rigby missing some of his costume.
Ellie as a scare crow.
Emme on the left as a ring master.
I worked on Kate’s kitchen.  I got the sheet rock patched where I had cut holes to move the electrical and the face frames installed on the cabinets.  I also got a coat of paint on the cabinets.  

Face frimed installed and cabinets painted.

Friday I went and picked up the granite and I got it cut, polished and installed.  I also got the tile backsplash installed.  

Granite and tile backsplash installed.

Saturday I got the tile grouted, the electrical plugs installed, the linoleum patched under where the stove will be installed, the oak moldings installed at the top of the wall cabinets, the wall and the ceiling patched and painted, and the doors from the old cabinets installed.  I will have to go back and touch up the paint in a couple of places but it is back together to the point that they can use their new range with a working oven.  We still need to install a new microwave oven above the range.  Kate now has some countertop to use next to the range.  Mom went to Kimball's violin recital in the afternoon.

Doors installed and kitchen is back together.


Kimball playing his violin.
Sunday we went to church and we visited Charlotte’s family in the evening.  I felt like it was a good week and I was happy that I was able to get Kate’s kitchen remodeled. 

2 comments:

Kate said...

It turned out so great! You would never know that it's a remodel! We love it and even made bread yesterday.

Tad said...

You are amazing at remodeling. I could do what you did but it would take me 3 or 4 times as long.