Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 11, 2019

November 4th through November 10th



November 4th through November 10th:  Monday while mom was at work I assembled and installed cabinets at Kory and Amy’s house.  

Cabinets in the new study room.
Cabinets in the downstairs laundry.
A new counter top in the laundry.

Tuesday Chris and I got up early and went to the Rec. center and rode recumbent bikes.  I then went and assembled and installed all the drawers and doors at Kory and Amy’s house.  Mom went to work at noon for her afternoon and evening shift.  In the evening, while mom was at work I went and saw one of Luke's basketball games.  

Drawers and doors installed.
Luke after their game.

Wednesday we went to our temple shift and then to lunch and did errands.  Thursday Chris went to work and I wired all the plugs and switches and 7 of the 34 can lights at Kory and Amy’s house.  We then drove to American Fork and went to dinner with James and Kirstin’s family.  We don’t see them often enough and we enjoyed being with them, if only for dinner.  Friday we again went to the Rec. center and then I installed a new front door at Alex and Charlotte’s house.  

Alex and Charlotte's old door.

Alex and Charlotte and their new front door.

Saturday I made a trip to the dump with the construction debris from Kate’s kitchen and the two old front doors from Charlotte and John B.’s houses.  John B. and I then installed a new front door at his house and cut some more shelves for all his new cabinets.  When we took his old door to the dump before we had his new one installed, we were committed to get it done.  Now that Jill has had a chance to put things away, she found places where she needed a few more shelves.  I think that that about finishes the punch lists on John B, Kate, and Charlotte’s homes, at least finishes the list of things that I had committed to get done.  I am sure they have more that they want to have done in the future.  

John B. and Jill's new front door.  Does it look like the same door that I installed at Charlotte's house?  They are Krosswood doors from my old door company.

Sunday we went to our sacrament meeting and then went to Charlotte’s ward for their primary program.  They only have two kids left in primary.  It was darling and so fun to see them sing and do their small speaking parts.  We then had dinner with John and Jill’s family.  I got a lot of things finished up this past week and it feels good to have them off the to-do list. 

No comments: