Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2019

November 11th through November 17th



November 11th through November 17th: Monday while Chris was at work I wired and installed 19 can lights. 

Can lights in the new work out room.  The access panel is to the low voltage wiring for the bathroom.

Tuesday I finished installing the last room of the can lights and the closet and under cabinet lights and when I got done with all the electrical, we realized that there was a problem with two of the circuit breakers.  Both breakers were controlling the same lights.  I can’t figure out what is going on and I will have to have an electrician come and help me fix the problem.  Chris worked her afternoon / evening shift.  

More can lights installed.

Wednesday we did our temple shift and then I got ready to play Bob the Builder for the Webelo scouts in our ward.  It was an activity where I taught about how to use carpentry tools safely.  It was fun and the two boys seemed to enjoy it.  

Bob the Builder, aka me, and Miles and Jake.


Thursday mom went to work and then she drove to James and Kirstin’s home in American Fork to tend their 3 children for the weekend.  They drove to Las Vegas to join Kirstin’s parents for the second to last show by Donny and Marie Osmond.  I worked on finishing up my punch list at Kory and Amy’s.  

Reinstalled the closet shelving.
More closet shelving.

Friday I went to Jake’s school and gave a short lesson on China.  I showed some of the things we got while we lived in China.  I then went to Kory’s and Amy helped me cut the quartz countertop for the upstairs laundry.  We got it installed and then it was time for me to pick up Katie’s, son, Stanford from school and then we drove to James’ house so I could take over tending duties.  Mom took Emme and drove back to Bountiful and picked up Abby and took both of them to see Ellie’s play “Frozen” at her school.  She played the shop keeper.  Mom had both girls sleep over at our apartment, so I was alone for the afternoon and night with James’ sons, Campbell (4) and Rigby (8) and their cousin, Stanford (8).   By this time, Campbell was missing his mom and dad and he had a few melt downs.  But all in all it went fine.  

Ellie as Oaken and mom.
Ellie with her two younger cousins Abby on the left and Emme on the right.
Quartz top for the upstairs laundry room.


Saturday, Chris came back to American Fork at about noon. I then drove Stanford and Abby to their other grandparent’s home in Kaysville.  They are going to tend Bryce and Kate’s three kids for the rest of the weekend.  They already had Kimball with them.  Sunday I went to the primary program at Bryce and Kate’s ward while Chris took James and Kirstin’s kids to their ward in American Fork.  They had arranged to have a neighbor in the ward take the three kids home from church and tend them for an hour until they got back from their trip to Vegas.  

James and Kirstin's three kids ready for church.  Good job, Nana.

Mom then went to a baby shower in Salt Lake for the daughter of an old friend and coworker from when she was in private practice.  It was a crazy week mixing all our work and grandparenting duties together, but that is what we want to be doing right now.   

No comments: