Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 16, 2019

September 9th through September 15th

September 9th through September 15thMonday mom went to work and I got the glass doors installed and finished all the electrical.  Most of the original plugs and switches were ivory color and so I had to install new white plugs and switches.  I also installed the can lights in the cabinets with the glass doors, the cabinets on each side of the TV, and over the window seats.  
I got the glass doors and the lights done on the cabinets in the music/craft room.
I wired the lights in the cabinets and over the window seats.

Tuesday I spent the entire day installing rollout trays in the TV/front room.  Mom went to work.  Wednesday we spent the morning in the temple for our shift.  In the afternoon, I finished installing the remainder of the rollout trays in the music/craft room.  Mom started cleaning up.  

Laundry bins in the base cabinet.
John and Jill wanted to preserve the height chart for the kids, so I put a frame around the chart.

Thursday I spent the day installing tile on the extension of the firebox and I got about half of the tile around the fireplace installed.  Mom worked till noon and then came home and continued to clean up.  This includes cleaning out the cabinets and washing walls.  Everything is covered in saw dust.  

Half way through the tile for the mantle.

Friday I finished the tile around the fireplace and then I moved all my tools to the deck off the dining room.  Mom worked cleaning until she had to go and tend Kate’s kids.  

Tile around the fireplace tile installed.

Saturday I grouted the tile around the fireplace and then organized the boxes that I keep all my tools in.  John B. spent all day doing paint touch up.  Mom went to substitute at the temple for someone who is going to take one of her shifts.  I got cleaned up and went to the temple to meet the Holmans and the Winkfields, two couples that served with us in the Guatemala temple.  Mom joined us when her shift finished.  We had lunch in the cafeteria and then spent an hour and half talking.  It was so great to see them and reminisce about out time serving together.   When I got home from the temple John B. asked me if I had seen our patio.  I had entered upstairs, so I said no.  He said I had better go and take a look.  I found a new Traeger smoker on our patio.  It was John and Jill’s thank you present for finishing the remodel project upstairs.  I have a little bit more paint touch up and still need to install the new front and back doors, but the inside in ready for them to move into.  Judy Lever, Jill’s mom, came and spent the afternoon cleaning the kitchen so they can start moving in.  

Saturday morning John B. and I enjoyed eating the first meal in the new kitchen, breakfast burritos from Betos.
All cleaned out and just a little paint touch up left to do.
The walnut top oiled.
The walnut mantle, countertops, and shelves oiled.
Just waiting for the glass shelves.
Walnut top oiled.
Organizing my tools.

Sunday after church we had our monthly family dinner at Alex and Charlotte’s house.  It is always fun to be with family and enjoy good food and good conversation.  

Family Dinner at Alex and Charlotte's house.


I am happy with the way the remodel turned out and I think it looks fabulous.  Monday I am going to start a remodel project for a family in our ward.  I need to stay busy at least the days mom is working.

1 comment:

Paula Wright said...

What a beautiful job you did. Anyone would be proud to have you work for them.