Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 23, 2019

September 16th through September 22nd

 September 16th through September 22nd:  Monday after Chris went to work, I went over to my new project at  Amy and Cory’s and made a list of lumber and electrical items and then went to Home Depot.  When I got back and unloaded, I started to ask questions about where they wanted the can lights and plugs and how they wanted to try and sound proof the ceiling from the noise made by walking upstairs.  Amy decided that they needed to talk a bit more about where to put things.  In the end, we decided to push the start off a week so that they could demo the ceilings so I could put in 9 inch insulation.  So after lunch, I went home and mixed up 5 bags of cement mix and poured the first section between the new walkway and the house by our entry.  Tuesday I decided to get my new smoker / grill set up and try some ribs.  Mom had to work, so she missed my first attempt at ribs.  I did enough for John’s whole family.  They only were about a B-.  They all got eaten, but they were not as tender as I would have preferred.  James gave me a few more tips and I think I know what I need to do next time.  
This is dinner.
Still a few hours to go.
Wednesday we went to the temple and spent the morning enjoying the peace and spirit in the House of the Lord.  I was able to do a sealing session with Ken and Eve Winkfield and their son and his wife.  We served with Ken and Eve in Bolivia and Guatemala.  Thursday mom went to work and I mixed 9 bags of cement and poured 2 more sections of concrete.  
This is day 2 of the concrete work.
Day 2.
When mom got home, we loaded up the car and drove to Heber where we met our good friends Mike and Merlene Ellington, who served with us in China and Guatemala.  We then transferred our bags into their car and drove to Vernal.  We both wanted to visit the Vernal Temple and so we had made plans to go together.  We found our motel and went to dinner and then went and saw the new Downton Abby movie.  It was a great evening.  Friday we got up and went to the temple.  It was a nice session and the converted tabernacle makes a beautiful temple.  We then drove to Dinosaur National Monument.  We visited the monument many years ago.  They have new buildings and we were impressed with how much there is to see and do.   We then had lunch, ribs and fish, and headed home.  The scenery was wonderful, the company was great and we enjoyed our quick trip to the Vernal Temple.  
Mike, Merlene, me and Chis ready to go to a session.
The back side of the Vernal Temple.
Dinosaur National Monument.
The way the earth was moved around is very interesting.
They have found thousand and thousands of bones in this quarry.
Allosaurus.
This is a replica of the most complete dinosaur that was found at this site.
Lots of bones in them there hills.
We loved the scenery.
The vistas are amazing. 
Red rock also.
The flowers in Vernal were spectacular. 
On the way, home we realized that the nountians got there first snow of the season.
The trees are starting to turn.
Saturday John B. and I mixed and poured 9 more bags of concrete.  I only have 2 more sections to go.  I found some metal roofing on KSL and went and bought enough to cover the bottom of the deck that covers our patio.  It will keep water from dripping onto our concrete as the snow melts this winter.  We have to try and not fall on any ice this year.  
Saturday's concrete pour.
Sunday we had ward conference and then we went to dinner at Alex and Charlotte’s home.  Life is good and we are very blessed.  

1 comment:

Sam said...

That concrete looks nice and clean. What an improvement.