Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2019

March 11th through March 17th

March 11th through March 17th:  Monday the carpet was installed in Badger’s bedroom, the hall and the stairwell.  The inspector also came and we passed our final inspection.  Badger can now start to move into his room.  It feels good to be done with the downstairs.  Well, almost done.  
New carpet really finishes things off.
Badger's bedroom is ready.

Tuesday I installed a tile backsplash in our bathroom and a full length mirror in our bedroom.  

New tile backsplash.

Wednesday mom helped me install new blinds in our apartment.  I drove Badger to his water polo game and then helped Kimball and Stanford, Kate and Bryce’s boys, cut out their pinewood derby cars for cub scouts.  

A break in the action.  Badger's water polo game.
Pinewood derby cars cut out and ready for sanding.


Thursday mom took me to the hospital for my hernia operation.  Not a fun day.  She got me in bed about 4:00 pm and I did not get up till Friday morning.  

Do I look like a happy camper?


Friday we got a visit from the Holman’s who came down for a wedding and to pick up their box that we had shipped home with our boxes. It was great to see them.  

Sherie and Bryce Holman visited us on Friday.

Saturday I stayed home from the temple.  Mom went to her shift alone.  I am pretty sore and can’t move very fast.  After her shift, mom went over and helped Luke make clothes for a marionette of John Stockton for a school assignment.  Grandmas are the best.  

I did not get out of my pajamas all day.

Luke holding up the marionette of John Stockton.

Sunday after church,mom drove us to James’ home for our monthly family dinner.  He made ribs again and they never disappoint.  They were delicious.  

The ribs were incredible. Thanks James 
Finger licken good.
Icing your own sugar cookie is the best.

I now have 6 weeks where I can’t lift anything over 15 lbs.  and right now I can’t lift anything.  I am too sore.  When the pain lessens, I know I will feel better.  But for right now, I don’t feel like doing anything.  I got news Sunday that the Chulac District has been approved to be organized into a stake.  It will take place on May 4th and 5th.  President Faundez invited us to come and be there for the organization of the new stake.  It would be wonderful to be there.  We will have to see if we can go.  We think about Guatemala everyday and we miss all of our dear friends there. 

2 comments:

Sam said...

I know Gin reads this, i wonder why she never comments?

John Norman said...

me too