Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2019

February 25th through March 3rd



February 25th through March 3rd:  Monday I did the demo on Badger’s bedroom.  I had to tear down some of the ceiling in order to install can lights.  I also got the can lights wired and installed.  Mom went to work.  

The demo is done.
I had to pull done some sheetrock from the ceiling in order to install 6 can lights.
Can lights are in.

Tuesday I got the closet door framed and the sheetrock installed.  Mom went to work. Wednesday we got another load of stuff from the storage unit and I got the doors installed in the bedroom and the door to the storage area under the porch.  I spent from 12:45pm to 8:00pm driving kids from on activity to another. Mom was unpacking boxes and trying to decide where to put things. 

Lucky the desk fit under the beam.
Our china cabinet just barely fit under the duct work.

Thursday I got the molding on the doors. Charlotte and Alex took me to lunch for my birthday.  Mom drove with Kate, our daughter, to Cedar City where Kate made a presentation for a grant to grow their business. Ellie made me a birthday cake after she got home from school.

Moldings on the window.
Charlotte and Alex took me to lunch for my birthday.  That was the biggest full rack of ribs I have ever seen.
Ellie made me a birthday cake.

Friday I got the baseboard installed and Alex helped me get the couch and the table from the storage unit.  I got our new TV installed.  Mom and Katie got back from Cedar City.  

The couch is just the right size for the room.
We bought a new TV.
My desk is just perfect.
The closet and bedroom doors are finished in Badger's bedroom.

The door to the bedroom and storage under the porch are installed and moldings on.

Saturday we went to the temple for our shift.  It was great to be back in the temple and we had a great shift.  While we were at the temple, Charlotte picked up John and Jill at the airport.  They had a great time in Italy.  Sunday we went to church and in the afternoon we went to Charlotte and Alex’s house for dinner and mom taught a FHE on the Lord’s Prayer.  We still have about 50 boxes of stuff to bring up from the storage unit and it will take us weeks to go through them.  But, life is good and we look forward to getting totally settled whenever that might be. This next week I need to get the bedroom, hall, and stairs painted and ready for the carpet that is scheduled for the 11th. 

1 comment:

Larry Jenson father, grandfather said...

Mmm. Full rack of ribs. Beautiful work done in the basement.