Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 11, 2019

February 4th through February 10th

February 4th through February 10th: Monday I got the airless paint sprayer set up and primed the wainscoting.  Then I worked on painting the moldings in the hall while I waited for the wainscoting to dry.  I got the first coat of white paint on the wainscoting in the afternoon.  
The wainscoting is now primed.
1st coat of the white paint is now on the moldings.

Tuesday John got up early and helped me get all the doors set up so I can get them sprayed.  I got a first coat on the doors and a second coat on the wainscoting in the morning.  In the afternoon I got a second coat of paint on the doors.  

The doors got their first coat of paint and the wainscoting got a second coat.
Painting moldings is my favorite early morning project.  I can't make noise until 7:00 am.

Wednesday I got the walls painted in the kitchen/dinning/TV rooms and I got half the drawers made and most of the doors installed on the kitchen cabinets.  Mom got the painting done on the moldings in the hall and bathroom.  

The kitchen is coming together.
I started hanging the doors on the cabinets.
The walls are now painted.  The color is a very subtle grey.

Thursday I got the walls painted in the hall and the rest of the drawers built.  There are a total of 31 drawers and rollouts in the cabinets.  

The hall is painted and the quartz countertop is installed.

Friday I got the walls painted and the vanity installed in the bathroom.  John B got a second coat of paint on the moldings in the bedroom.  

The bathroom is now painted.

Saturday morning I got a first coat of paint on the walls in the bedroom and then Mom gave me a haircut and we got ready and went to our temple shift.  We had a nice day in the temple.  

The bedroom only needs one more coat of paint on the walls.


Sunday we went to church and mom and I made Sunday dinner for John and Jill’s family.  We are nearing the end of this project and we are working hard to get everything done before the appliances come a week from tomorrow, Monday the 18th.    We just need to hang in there for a few more weeks and then we will start moving in.  We feel so blessed and can’t wait to have a little more room.  It will be a lot of work just going through everything we have in storage, but it will be fun to have our own space. 

2 comments:

Merlene said...

It is looking great and it will be nice for you to be able to have surgery and take care of yourself. I think that your will be bored to the moon and back once the building is completed and you are healed, however? Got some good plans for things to do while Chris is at work? You are champs!

Sam said...

Why the 700 am noise curfew?