Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 5th through April 9th



April 5th through April 9th:  First of all, mom stayed up very late making conference bags for all the grandkids except Xela and Willa.  Sorry Gin.  You would have thought it was Christmas Eve.  They turned out really cute.  A packet of pages for coloring and games and then there were treats, 15 different treats, with a picture of one of the first presidency or apostles stapled to it.  The picture had a place for them to write or draw a picture of what the person talked about.  When that person was on TV they could eat the treat. 

Conference Bags

Saturday, we delivered all the conference bags and drove to my brother’s, Tad and Tove’s, house.  We had invited ourselves to stay with them for the weekend.  I had gotten up at 5:30am and started cooking Chinese.  I got the sauces made and the chicken marinating.  I then cooked lunch between sessions.  Liz, Tad’s daughter, and her family come over for lunch.  It was fun to see them.  Conference was amazing again and a real energizer for me.  I love to hear the brethren and sisters talk.  Many times I was wiping the tears out of my eyes.  Tad takes all of his boys and their sons to eat before the priesthood session.  I got to go and it was fun to see Matt, Mark and Danny with their boys.  Danny’s oldest, Keyan, is back from his mission and playing football at SUU and just got engaged.  It doesn’t really seem possible that Tad could be a great-grandfather soon.  Sunday, Tove cooked a great pot roast dinner and Liz’s family came over again. 

Sunday Dinner L to R Liz, Tove, Tad, Mom, Scott, Chase.

Conference was great.  In the evening Tad and Liz and their bluegrass band practiced and it was fun to listen to them. 

Sunday's Jam Session

Monday, it was back to the grind.  I worked 10 hours painting and installing the doors for the linen closet that I had made on Friday.  I also got one ceiling in the basement painted. 

The cabinet I added a face frame to.

Tuesday, we met President Crayk, his wife, Connie, Elder Cabrera and his wife, and Lynn and Diana Crayk at Village Inn in Sandy for breakfast.  It was great to see them all again.  Elder Cabrera was here for conference.  He is an area seventy and works as the recorder in the Cochabamba Temple.  It made us very homesick for Bolivia.  We have wonderful memories of the temple and the people we served with. 

Breakfast, L to R, Sister Cabrera, Elder Cabrera, Pres. Crayk, Connie, Me, Mom, Lynn and Diana Crayk.

Oaxaca will provide us with another adventure.  We leave in about 30 days now.  Chris came to work with me after breakfast and helped paint.  She cut in all the ceilings in the basement and put the second coat on the bookcases.  I rolled the ceilings and finished up a couple of things on the cabinets and doors.  I called like I was told to, about my arrest warrant.  I could never get through.

More tummy time for Tilda.

Wednesday, Mom and I both had dental appointments today; mine to see how my implant is healing and mom to have a cavity fixed.  So far so good with my implant, he will check it again in 3 weeks.  We both worked all the rest of the day painting.  I also added 4 can lights to the bedroom upstairs.  I called again and have to go see the judge in Nephi next Monday.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Sam said...

How'd the dental appointment go?