Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 20th through February 25th


February 20th through February 25th:  Thursday,
I got up early and went and got the second coat of paint on the walls.  I was hoping that it would be dry by the time the plumber showed up, so they were there first thing.  They got the toilet set, vanity faucet and drain, and the trim on the shower all done by 10:00am.  They only messed up one wall by the toilet that I will have to repaint.
  
Shower trim.

 
Toilet set, Check.
I got the light fixture, mirror, new towel bars, the vent on the ceiling and trim on the can light installed.  I also got the casing and jam and door painted with 2 coats of paint and reinstalled the door with new hardware.  After getting the door installed I realized that with the new paint it did not fit.  It was too tight.  So tomorrow I will have to trim it a little.
  
New towel bar.

But the really big news for the day was that Charlotte and Alex left when I was leaving to go to the hospital and have her baby.  A couple of weeks ago they found out she had some mild preeclampsia and that they didn’t want her to go over 38 weeks. So they had it planned to induce her today.  She delivered late afternoon and Chris picked me up with all the kids and we bought Café Rio dinner and took it out to the hospital with her 3 boys.  She is a cutie and we are so glad she is here safe and sound and that mom and baby are doing well.  We stayed a couple of hours and then brought the boys home.

 
Meet Tilda Beth McBean.

She is about 2 hours old here.


Nana getting her turn with Tilda Beth.

Charlotte looks great for having just delivered a baby.  Don't you think?

Everyone is happy Tilda is here.
Friday,
Mom had a job at East High and so I was responsible for Luke.  The other two boys were in school.  I took Luke over to Jill’s so he could play with his cousin, Jake, and so that I could work on the bathroom.  I cut the door down and got it reinstalled and painted the edge I had trimmed.  John had gotten home last night and had stood in front of the mirror and said , “This will not work.”  He could only see the bottom half of his face.  So I had to buy and install a different light fixture and then move the mirror up about 5 inches, which meant that now I had holes to patch where the mirror had been.
  
See the holes that now have to be patched.

By the time I got all this done I had to go to work.  After work we took the boys to the Blue and Gold banquet.  Evan got an award and we did not have to cook.  It was great.
  
Evan receiving his award.

Saturday, I had the early shift, 5:00am to 1:00pm.  My new grand daughter was home when I got off work.  Her name is Tilda Beth.   My mother’s name was Elizabeth.  I went over to John’s and patched the wall again.  Chris and I took the 3 boys to the ward dinner and talent night.  They had a good time running around playing in the halls.  Someone called 911 and we had a visit from the police department.  I wonder whose talent that was?  Sunday, was church and a great pot roast dinner and then to work.  Monday, I went over to John’s house early and painted the wall under the mirror and loaded up all my tools.  Tomorrow I will start installing the casing and base at our friend’s home on the avenues.  John’s bathroom is 99% finished.  He is going to make me a punch list of all the things they need fixed around the house so I will be back there at some point.  I then had to go to work from 10:00am till 6:00pm.  I was ready for bed early.  Alex and Charlotte asked if I would take Tilly from 5:00am till 7:00am so they could get a couple of uninterrupted hours of sleep.  So tomorrow I start.  Tuesday, I got up and took care of my sweet little granddaughter, because she was early she is tiny she weighed 7lbs 1oz when she was born.  For Charlotte that is a tiny baby.  But so fun to hold her and snuggle.  Then I was off to the Avenues.  I got most of the upstairs door casings torn off and reinstalled.  Midday I took a break to get lunch and go to Home Depot for a few things I needed and to go to the dentist.  I have a loose tooth.  It turns out I need a little surgery to fix an old root canal that has gone bad.  I went back to work and puttied all the casings I had installed and finished up about 6:00pm.  I had a couple of doors that were close to corners and needed to have the casing ripped in order to fit.  So I went to John’s on the way home and ripped the casing so I can finish those doors tomorrow.  We are about 2 and a half months away from leaving for Oaxaca.  I still have a lot of work to do, but should be able to get it all done.



1 comment:

Sam said...

Holy moly, I thought I was busy.