Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 12th through February 19th



February 12th through February 19th:  Wednesday, I went to work at Home Depot and got off at 2:30pm.  Then I painted the bathroom walls at John’s house.  Thursday, Chris and I went to the temple in the morning.  In the afternoon, I tried to install the light fixture only to figure out that it was too big.  So I went into Salt Lake and exchanged it for a smaller one.  While I was in Salt Lake I went up to Blake and Michelle Rigby’s home in the neighborhood where we used to live.  They had called a few days ago and asked if I was interested in replacing all the baseboard and casing in their house.  I went up to see what they wanted to do.  I measured their house and told them I would get them a number in the next day or two.  I went back to John’s house and installed the light fixture above where the sink will be.  Then I started to install the new mirror and medicine cabinet.  The new vanity is 36 inches tall and the new mirror is also too big to fit between the top of the faucet and the bottom of the light fixture.  When John got home it was decided that I would move the electrical box up about 6 inches to just below the ceiling so that everything will fit.  Friday was Valentines day and I taped some Valentines around our room.  Chris was sufficiently impressed. I moved the box and patched the sheetrock and got a coat of mud on the patch. 

The electrical box moved and the sheet rock patched.

Then I went to work at my real job.  I got off at 6:00pm.  Saturday, I got up early and got another coat of mud on the patch and then went to work.  After work I went back and got another coat of mud on the wall where I had moved the electrical box.  Then we went to dinner at the home of DeVon and Diane Hale.  We have been friends since our girls played basketball and volleyball together.  We love to hear about DeVon’s work in Africa and China.  He has arranged for student exchanges with the University of Utah’s medical school.  He will retire this year and is hoping to teach in a medical school in Kenya.  Diane made some great Chinese food and we played dominos and talked and laughed way past my bedtime.  Sunday was a really busy day.  We taught our Sunday school class and then went to the missionary report of Lynn and Diana Crayk.  We served with them in Bolivia.  They did a great job and had everyone laughing and crying.  We went over to their home after for a bite to eat.  The Winkfield’s came down from Layton and I got a nice picture of the four couples that served together in Bolivia in the temple. 

L to R  Me, Chris, Ken Winkfield, Eve Winkfield, Connie Crayk, Lee Crayk, Diana Crayk and Lynn Crayk.

We then headed to a family dinner at James and Kirstin’s home.  John and Jill were in St. George for the long weekend, but the rest of us were all there.  It is really great to be together and share what has been going on in our lives.  We also celebrated Alex’s birthday.  We have a ton of Feb. birthdays in our family. 

L to R  Charlotte, Kate, and Kirstin
Alex and his cake.
L to R  Emme, Chris and Abby
Emme and Rigby

We left early to go and meet John and Carol Galbraith.  John and Carol were in China with us the first year we were there.  They were called from China to be the first Temple President and Matron of the Kiev, Ukraine temple.  They were in town for the marriage of a grandson.  John got to officiate.  We met them at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake, where John and Carol were to be the speakers at a fireside in the chapel.  It was so fun to catch up with them and hear about their adventures in the Ukraine.  We stayed for the fireside and got home late. 

At the Fireside, Me Chris, Carol and John Galbraith.

It was a long day and reminded me of the mission field.  Can’t wait to leave.  Monday, I got another coat of mud on the wall and then grouted the rest of the shower.  

The shower grouted.
Shower grouted.

I got the go ahead for the Rigby’s trim, so I got all the materials delivered.  I ended the day with another coat of mud.  Tuesday, I installed the vanity and had to install a back splash because the wall was out of square.  That meant I had to rent the tile saw for the 4th time.  I got all the tile cut and installed for the backsplash. 

The Back Splash installed.

I also got the casing installed on the bathroom side of the door. Mom had a substituting job at Edison for a second grade class.  Wednesday, Chris took me to work at 4:30am because she had a job at West High.  She got done early and picked me up at 1:30pm and I changed clothes and went to work at the never ending bathroom.  I got the tile backsplash grouted and I repainted the walls.  John and Jill decided to change the color.  I also got all the tile except the backsplash sealed.  The plumber is coming tomorrow and I think we will be ready this time.

The walls repainted.
The back splash grouted.

No comments: