Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 7, 2013

October 30th through Nov. 6th;




October 30th through Nov. 6th;
Things seem like they were moving very slowly on the kitchen for weeks doing sheetrock and painting, but Thursday of last week I started installing the cabinets and now things feel like they are moving along at a much better pace. 
I got some on the crown made and installed.
Friday; mom and I went with my two brothers to the viewing of our cousin Tony Quinn who was killed riding his bike in Millcreek canyon.   Saturday;  I finished the moldings for the doors and got them all installed and the doors sanded and ready for the painter, made the fillers and drawer fronts for the rollouts in the pantry, and put the face frame on the open cabinet and then took everything to the painter on Monday.  Mom left Saturday morning for LA to visit Ginny and Sam and the girls.  She will tend the girls while Gin goes to two conferences she is responsible for in DC and NYC.  I will be a bachelor for almost 3 weeks.  I got all the granite cut yesterday and fit the sink.
  
The first cut of the granite.

I painted the sides for the rollouts in the pantry and will build and install them today.  The doors and fillers should be painted tomorrow and I can then really make some progress.
 
Things a starting to come together.

I have been asked to speak in stake conference this Saturday in Mount Pleasant and then on Sunday I will attend the home coming of Pres. Crayk and Connie.  Mom took the camera to California so I have no pictures except the ones my daughter has sent me from her iphone.



1 comment:

Sam said...

Thanks for lending Chris to us. She, as always, is a big help. Xela feel asleep in Chris' bed last night. It was very cute.