Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 7th through November 14th:



November 7th through November 14th:  Work on the kitchen is progressing nicely.  Friday I picked up the painted open cabinet and the wing panel and end panels so I could finish the cabinet install and finish installing the crown and window trim and polishing the granite and installing the countertops. 

I got the roll outs made and installed.  The closet is almost done.
Crown and window trim check.
I am hoping the window trim looks craftsman style.

All that got done on Monday and Monday afternoon I started tearing out the stone entry way and hall.  After spending 3 to 4 hours getting the stone up by hand, we were left with a very uneven bed of mortar.  I went to work and left Alex to try and chisel it smooth.  Tuesday morning I went and rented a chipping hammer and broke up all the mortar it was not useable and then spent the rest of the morning cleaning it up. 

That mortar bed was no match for me with the right tool.   It looks out of focus but I think it is all the dust in the air,

The afternoon was spent laying a new plywood floor to be level with the kitchen.  Wednesday I spent the better part of the day cutting all the backer board to go under the tile.  I got 3 pieces installed in thin set before I had to go to work.  Today Alex stayed home and helped me get it all installed.  20 sheets of Hardiboard backer, 1200 screws and 4 bags of thin set latter we have a floor ready for tile.  My knees are really sore and I have blisters on the back of my knees where the knee pad straps rubbed.  What we go through for children.

The Hardiboard backer in installed.
The new floor in the entry way and hall.

I went to Badger’s class on Friday and did a PowerPoint on China.  It was fun to be back in a classroom.  Saturday after a day of work I drove to Mount Pleasant and spoke in the adult session of stake conference of our old stake.  It was fun to see some old friends.  I drove at far as Lehi and stayed with James.  Sunday was Pres. Crayk and Connie’s report on their tour of duty.  I saw the Kennedys who drove up from Arizona, the Johnsons down from Washington, the Winkfields from Layton and Kent Ahlstrom.  Connie talked about the road of death and that we had all better be looking where we want to go.  Pres. spoke about 3 things he had learned. 1. Take care of your treasures (Kids and Grandkids). 2.  Be nice.  And 3. Believe in what you believe.  They both did a great job.  It was fun to see everyone and Helen promised to send me the picture she took of us all for this blog but alas she really doesn’t love me. Thus no picture.  This morning I went to school with all of John’s kids for Doughnuts with Dads.  I was the substitute dad.  Chris will be home one week from today.  It will be nice to be back together.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Seeing all your progress pictures makes me realize how much work you are putting in. It is going to be so beautiful when it's done. I can't wait!

Charlotte said...

I know that you truly love me by all that you are doing! Thanks dad!