Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September 26th through October 1st

I had to put in at least one photo of eating.


  
September 26th through October 1st:
  Thursday’s big news was I started a part-time job at Home Depot.  I have my own orange apron and everything.  It is only 4 hours a day in the evening.  That should keep me busy during the day on all of my kid’s projects and at Home Depot during the evening.  Friday mom had an interview with the Salt Lake City School District to be a substitute teacher.  Monday we learned she is on the list and now she gets calls every day to substitute, but if she doesn’t want to work she can just say no thanks.  Saturday was filled with soccer and flag football games and I got to help Evan with his pine wood derby car for Cub Scouts.
Moose our other grandson is the blond with #5 on this back.

Badger, our grandson, is about to throw the ball. 

  
Me relaxing and watching flag football.

That's Ellie and Jake in the tree.

Evan's pine wood derby car before we start.

Mom took front runner to Lehi to help Kirstin get ready to go to Las Vegas.  She and James are meeting her parents there for a couple of days.  Sunday we taught our class and had another wonderful pot roast.  I really didn’t realize how much I missed a good Sunday dinner.   Sorry all you missionaries still in Bolivia. In the evening we all went to a “Walk-About”, that is just a fancy way to say a neighborhood get together to eat treats.
 
The Walk-About.

Monday:  Charlotte and I went looking for tile for her new kitchen, and then it was off to work at Home Depot.  Tuesday: we went into Salt Lake to look at counter tops, back splash and more floor tile, and then she took me to lunch at Moochies, a great sandwich place on 8th south.  In the afternoon I finished Charlotte’s garage hanging the bikes and ladders, and then I was off to work.  Bob Cardon said reading our blog was like watching a reality show, but there are no scandals and all our children are legitimate.  Then why is it still compelling?




No comments: