Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 2nd through October 10th:


Yes it snowed in the valley this last week.



October 2nd through October 10th:  Each day seems like a blur and I get to the end of the week and have a hard time remembering what we have done.  Chris has some interesting stories to tell about substitute teaching.  She now has subbed at East High, health, and she said that there are a lot of Pacific Islanders there and they can be quite intimidating.  Then she subbed at Northwest Middle School, ESL, she quite enjoyed that.  I think that was Thursday and Friday of last week.
  
Northwest Middle School

Mom and Abdul

Then this week Monday she was at Meadow Lark Elem., in Glendale, 1st grade.  She enjoyed that day also.  Tuesday found her at Backman Elementary in Rose Park. She said they got their monies worth that day.  She doesn’t want to go back to that school.  Yesterday she spent the day with our daughter-in-law, Kirstin, James’ wife.  I have now finished John’s garage except that he wants to have the passage door replaced.  So I have taken it off and it is at Colonial Lumber waiting for the replacement to come in and then they will machine it.
His new storage in his attic.

  
John's shelves.

More shelves.

More shelves.

More shelves.
I think we have everything ordered for Charlotte’s new kitchen.  I should get the parts next Monday and then I will be really busy for about 4 to 5 weeks.  We have spent a lot of time helping shuttle grandkids around and just enjoying them.  I played with Charlotte’s kids and some fake blood, just getting ready for Halloween.


Miles, Charlotte's middle son.

Luke, Charlotte's youngest son.

Am I ready for Halloween?
Sunday we tried to go to Conference for the last session.  We ended up watching it in the old tabernacle.
  
We tried to get in.

It was better than sitting at home.
Home Depot does not seem like a second home yet, thank goodness.  It’s just a job and most days I come home with a sore back.  I have continued to post old family photos to Facebook to share them with my parent’s grandkids.  They all seem to have enjoyed seeing them.
Christmas 1952.  My mom is holding me.

That's me with my hand in the turkey.  Thanksgiving 1957.



2 comments:

Sam said...

What aisle has concrete screws?

John Norman said...

Sam that is not funny!