Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 7, 2019

September 30 through October 6th



September 30 through October 6th: Monday Mom went to work and I spent the day at Kory and Amy’s furing and wiring the study room where the new window is.  

New window, furing, and wiring installed in the study room.

Insulation installed in study room.

Study room wired for 10 new can lights.


Tuesday I worked on installing the metal channel on the ceiling of the two bedrooms.  They want to make it as sound proof as possible, so besides 9 inches of insulation in the ceiling they are using sound board instead of sheet rock.  This needs to be installed using a metal channel so that there is a space between the wood and the sound board.  Mom went to work in the afternoon and evening.  

9 inches of insulation and metal chanel installed on the ceiling in bedroom #1.
Insulation and the metal chanel installed in bedroom #2.



Wednesday we went and did our shift in the temple.  I am really enjoying my time as a sealer.  Being able to officiate in the sealing ordinances is a great blessing in my life.  In the afternoon, I spent a few hours at Kory and Amy’s, but I quit early enough for Chris and I to drive to American Fork and go to dinner with James and Kirstin’s family to celebrate Emme’s 7th birthday.  She is a real sweet girl and we love her very much.  

Hallway wired for 5 can lights.

At dinner with James and Emme,
 celebrating her 7th birthday.

Emme opened her presents and Campbell and Rigby looked on.


Thursday mom again went to work and I spent the day getting the last room ready for sheetrock.  I framed and wired what use to be a storage room, but now will be a yoga and workout room.  

This was a storage room a few days ago,
 now it is a yoga room.


Friday mom spent the day painting metal roofing that I bought on KSL classifieds. We are going to install it as ceiling panels on the bottom of the deck over our entry, so that in the winter we don’t get water dripping and freezing on the concrete.   I worked on getting the framing done so that we have the right slope to mount the metal panels to.  

Mom painting the new ceiling for the bottom of the deck over our entry.


I went to lunch with an old friend, Ted Milner, and got caught up on what he has been doing the last 10 years.  We worked together on the Nauvoo temple when I was president of BDL Mill. 
It was fun to see him and share our experiences.  In the afternoon,   I went and had a MRI on my shoulder.  Monday I have an appointment to have the MRI read to see if they can figure out why I can’t lift my arm without pain.  Amy's dad finished up the yoga room by installing the insulation.  The basement is now ready for the sheetrockers to come on Saturday.  Saturday John B. helped me get some of the ceiling installed.  

Our new patio ceiling.


I went to Kate’s home and installed a pantry cabinet in her bathroom.  He son, Stanford, helped me build it.  He really likes to build things.  I then spent the rest of the day listening to General Conference.  I went and checked on the how the sheetrock was going at Kory and Amy's and they will get it all hung by the end of the day.  

This is Amy, my new taskmaster.

Bedroom #1 sheetrocked.

Bedroom #2 sheetrocked.

Study room sheetrocked.


Chris went to the Women's Session of General Conference with Charlotte, Kate and Cyndy Hansen, Kate's mother-in-law.  My phone started to go crazy during the meeting with the announcement of a new temple in Coban, Guatemala.  I got quite excited and emotional thinking about what this will mean to these faithful members that we came to love.  I got a few texts from leaders of the church in Guatemala thanking me for our service in Coban and the Polochic, which will be part of the new temple district.  I am so happy and excited for the members in the Polochic.  They will only have to travel a couple of hours to go to the temple instead of 8 to 10 hours that it takes to go to the Guatemala City temple.  The temple will be a great blessing to all the members in the Coban area.  Sunday I got up at 4:00am and put a beef brisket in the smoker.  It cooked for 13 hours and turned out delicious.  Alex and Charlotte’s family came to dinner after the last session of conference.  I really enjoyed the messages from general conference.  My takeaway is that I need to make God and Jesus Christ the center of my life and I need to become a better disciple, by learning to have more charity and serving others.  We are planning on returning to Coban for the dedication of the temple when it is completed.  We can’t wait.  It will such a joyous reunion with all our friends there. 

No comments: