Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 14, 2019

October 7th through October 13th

October 7th through October 13th: Monday they started finishing and taping the sheetrock on the 5 basement rooms.  I worked on building a cabinet under the window in the upstairs laundry room and installing a pantry cabinet.  Mom went to work.  After work, I had to drive up to Kaysville to buy some more roofing to finish the bottom of the deck over our entryway.  Paul and Liz Belnap came to dinner.  I smoked 3 racks of ribs and after dinner we finalized the plans for our trip to Mount Rushmore the last weekend of this month.  
Dinner was delicious.
Cabinet under the window in the laundry room.
Tuesday I worked on installing some walnut shelves that Amy had purchased on KSL above the washer and dryer in the laundry room and putting molding around the windows and closet doors in two of the upstairs bedrooms.  Mom went to work.
New pantry cabinet and walnut shelves.
New moldings around the window.
Wednesday mom went to her temple shift and I worked at Kory and Amy’s installing bi-fold doors in two of the upstairs bedrooms and installing more moldings around some of the other windows. I didn’t go to the temple because one of the other sealers asked me to switch with him so I will be taking his shift on Saturday evening.  I got Amy and Jill to help me move the table saw over to Amy’s house so that I could cut down the bi-fold doors and cut moldings.  
New bifold and moldings.
The other new bi-fold and moldings.
Moving the table saw.  I had to ride in the back and keep it from tipping over.
Kory and Amy's garage turned into my shop.
You can't see it in the picture but it snowed a little bit Wednesday.
Thursday I worked on more moldings around the windows and mom went to work.  
New molding in the bath.
New moldings around the window in the boys's bedroom.
Friday I finished the cabinet at Kate’s house and then in the afternoon mom and I went to the movies and saw “The Peanut Butter Falcon”.  
New cabinet in Kate's bathroom.
Tilda and Charlotte at Tilda's school.  We were there too.
Saturday John B. and I installed the new back door going into the garage.  I got the metal roofing cut and mom painted some of the panels.  We installed 4 more rows of roofing and then I had to get ready and go to the temple.  Mom, John B. and Jill, and Alex and Charlotte all came up and did a session with me as the sealer.  Mom, Jill, and Charlotte were the witnesses for some of the sealings.  It was a nice experience.  
John B.'s new back door.
Mom painting the metal roofing.
We still have about 16' of ceiling panels to put up.

Sunday was fast meeting and Chris and I both bore our testimonies.  Mom spoke about the new temple that was announced in Coban, Guatemala and I spoke about the changes about who can act as witnesses in the baptistery and for sealings.  We shared are feelings and bore witness of the love that our Father in Heaven has for his children here on earth.  It was a good week and we feel so blessed.

No comments: