Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 9th through January 15th



January 9th through January 15th: Thursday, Mom substituted and I got serious about finishing everything at Charlotte’s house.  I finished hanging the cabinets and adding shelving in her laundry room, nothing very pretty, but functional.  In the evening we went with Wally and Martha Cooper to listen to a lecture on the Dead Sea Scrolls and Early Christianity.  They have found every book of the Old Testament, except Esther, in the Scrolls. There are several different versions of Isaiah that the community accepted.  It was interesting, but I did fall asleep.  Friday, we were both free so we went to the temple early and then worked on Charlotte’s stuff.  We started painting the last piece of furniture for the kitchen and I worked on the punch list for the kitchen.  The back door got its first coat of paint.   We took Jake for his birthday celebration to Chucky Cheese.  He invited his cousin Luke.  So we had a nice afternoon with a 4 and 3 year old at Chucky Cheese.  After Chucky Cheese we took them for yogurt.

Luke and Jake playing air hockey.

 

Luke and Jake throwing footballs.



I look like I had a good time right?
Yogurt stop.

We celebrated Charlotte’s birthday in the evening with a cake that everyone helped Chris make.  

Happy Birthday Charlotte.

Saturday , Alex and Charlotte took us to Little America for their breakfast buffet to celebrate the almost completion of their remolding and to thank us for all the work we have done on their house.  I really like good food and I assure you I got Alex’s monies worth. 

Thanks for the great breakfast.

In the afternoon I worked on the last of the punch list.  I only have one thing left to do and that is repainting the ceiling in the front room.   I can see light at the end of the tunnel.  It has been a huge project and I am glad it is coming to an end.  I got to watch a little football in the evening.  There were some really good games. We had really nice meetings in church on Sunday but after church I had to go to work.  It was only for 4 hours so I made it home in time for dinner.  Monday, mom substituted and I worked at Home Depot.  Mom had an interview with a student in China who had applied to the CAPA program.  Tuesday I got all my tools cleaned up and moved to John’s house.  Next week I will start his downstairs bathroom.  Mom substituted at the same class as Monday.  I picked her up and we met James, Kirstin, Rigby and Emme at P.F. Changs for dinner.  We tried to go the children’s museum but it was closed.  

Dinner with James' family.

Wednesday mom substituted for a science teacher and used a smart board for the whole day.   She only lost all the videos she was suppose to show once. I had a shift at Home Depot.  We are still waiting for our call.  I am going to write about “I Believe in Patience” or not for my other blog this week.     

No comments: