Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 16th through January 22nd

 January 16th through January 22nd:  Thursday, we went to the temple and then since we both had the day off we went to lunch with my older brother, Tad, and his wife Tove.  They live in Alpine and met us for lunch in American Fork.  We had a nice lunch and it was really fun to catch up on each other’s lives.  After lunch we went to the Art Museum at BYU to see the exhibition called “Sacred Gifts”, religious paintings of Carl Bloch and others.   My favorite was one by FRANS SCHWARTZ of Christ in the Garden being comforted by the angel.

Christ in the Garden being comforted by the angel.
Then we had to make a walkthrough of the BYU Bookstore. It was a fun day together, wish we had more of these.  Friday, I did the last thing on the punch list. I repainted the ceiling in the front room, now I can say that Charlotte’s house is done.  I will start John’s basement bathroom next week.  Mom had a substituting job and I worked in the afternoon till 6:00pm.  Mom took front runner to James’ after work and then when I got off I drove to James’.  We tended for them.  Rigby threw up a number of times and was not feeling very good.  James and Kirstin came home early and took care of Rigs.  We got home about 10:00pm.  Saturday, I had to work all day till 7:00 pm.  Mom went and spent the afternoon with Kate and made cookies.  Sunday was good.  A couple reported on their mission to the Salt Lake Inner City Mission.  It sounded like they really enjoyed it, but for me it would have been a tough mission.  I am beginning to think they can’t find a place to send us.  It is like,  “What are we going to do with this couple?”,  and then nothing comes to mind so they put it on the bottom of the stack and wait till next week to see if any inspiration comes.  Remember, “patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace, put them both together and have a happy face.”   I now have on my happy face
J

Monday, I worked till 6:00pm but mom had the day off because it is a holiday, Martin Luther King Jr. day, and so no school. Mom spent most of the day with all the grandkids and some of their parents at Hollywood Connection.  She played and I worked.  Just kidding, I know what she did was important.  I would have liked to be with them.   
Fun at Hollywood Connection.

 More Fun at Hollywood Connection.


 More Fun at Hollywood Connection.

Moose doesn't moose around.

More Fun at Hollywood Connection.


More Fun at Hollywood Connection.

Evan riding high.

Good times.

Tuesday, I started the demolition of John’s bathroom and mom taught school.  My body was really tired and sore after a day of swinging a hammer and then a sledge hammer on the floor of the shower.  When the kids got home from school, Badger, Moose, and Evan helped me clean up by carrying all the big pieces of floor up to the garbage.  Thanks to them I got the demo done and cleaned up and they earned a little spending money.  
I forgot to take a picture of the before. the shower is still there.

Half the shower gone.

All demoed and cleaned up.
Wednesday, I got the framing done and the sheetrock delivered.
Reframed.
 Mom made curtains for Evan’s new bedroom.  In the evening we went to the new Jack Ryan movie.  We both liked it.  No news as to where we will be for the next 18 months, so you will have to keeping reading this blog for at least one more week if you want to know where we are going. 


My grandson, Luke reciting the pledge of allegiance.  Nana needs to learn that you can't hold the camera on it's side if you are making a video.

No comments: