Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 5, 2013

November 28th through December 4th 2013:




November 28th through December 4th 2013:  On Thanksgiving, we took Badger and Moose to see Ender’s Game.  We all liked it a lot.  We cooked a turkey and had all the trimmings.  It was really nice to be with family on Thanksgiving.  Sorry no picture of eating turkey.  I watched some football on TV while Jill and Chris hit the stores for an early start to Black Friday.  Jill got the really great deals she was hoping for.  We got away on Friday about 10:00am because I had to be back for work.  Saturday, we got up early and went to the temple.  Afterward I got the rest of the floor grouted and Chris painted the pantry doors.  We went to lunch and then went to see Catching Fire, the Hunger Games.  Another pretty good movie.  Then I went to work.  Sunday we were alone for church.  Charlotte’s family was on their way home from Thanksgiving in Denver with Alex’s family.  We had tuna fish sandwiches for dinner.  I can’t wait to have a working kitchen.  Monday, I got transferred to a different department at work so I don’t have to work every night.  In fact I don’t have to work this week until Wednesday. As a result, I worked on the kitchen until 8:00pm.  Mom had a teaching job and then went to help out at Kirstin’s house.  I got all the doors and drawer fronts hinged and hung and hardware installed, finished painting the pantry doors, and finished painting all the moldings. 

Almost done!
Almost done!
Almost done!
The hardware for the drawers.
The hardware for the doors and the molding on the doors that I added at top and bottom.

Tuesday, mom had another teaching job and I worked on the kitchen.  I finished all the electrical, changing out plugs and switches to white from the old ivory color, hanging the pantry doors and installing the hardware, and made of a punch list.

The new pantry doors.

For any of you who have not been through a construction project, a punch list is a list of everything that needs to be fixed, a nick here or touchup the paint there or like install the microwave.  We had dinner with Charlotte’s family and then I showered and got cleaned up for our interview with the Bishop.  That’s right, we got our papers submitted and our interview with the Bishop is now completed and we are waiting to meet with the Stake Pres.  Hurray.  Wednesday, I started work at 5:00am and got off at 2:00pm, but that left me enough time to seal the backsplash and floors.  Alex stayed up last night and scrubbed the tiles and it looks great. 

I think the tile looks great.

I also got the carpet reinstalled in our bedroom from the flood we had the night we got back from Thanksgiving.   It turns out that the father of one of my home teaching families has a carpet company, so I was able to borrow a knee kicker and some hand tools to reinstall the carpet.  I fell asleep about 8:30pm and that’s why at 5:00am I am blogging.

1 comment:

Sam said...

That looks so oooooooo nice