Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 5th through December 11th:



December 5th through December 11th:  Thursday:  I just spent the day doing punch list items, we are so close. Friday:  After work we got the appliances installed I had to run and get a new range cord, but other than that, things went pretty smoothly. Saturday: Charlotte spent the day moving into her new kitchen and I spent the day at Home Depot.  Mom got to go to lunch with some of her old coworkers. 

We are moved in.
Approximately 60 days ago.
Approximately 59 days ago.


We are moved in.
With food in the pantry.

Sunday:  I had to work but I was able to go to Sacrament meeting and take the sacrament and teach our class, but then I had to spend the rest of the day at work.  Monday:  I started work at 5:00am and worked till 2:00pm and mom was substituting.  We went to the Christmas concert at John and Jill’s kid’s elementary school in the evening. 

Ellie is the girl to the left of the boy with his hand in front of her.
Jake is playing peek-a-boo with me.
Moose is leaning in front of the boy with long hair on the back row.
Badger is playing the Ukulele.

Tuesday:  I painted the walls and ceiling of the front room and entry.  My Christmas present came today, a new Nikon Coolpix camera.  Don’t tell Santa I peeked. 

My Christmas Present from Santa came early.

Wednesday:  I installed new blinds in the kitchen and touched up the paint in the front room and entry and of course went to work. 

New Blinds.

At work, the store manager asked if I had ever installed doors or cabinets.  When she heard my answer, I was sent to the home of a World War II veteran.  Home Depot is remolding his house to make it more wheel chair accessible. I will be going back today.   Mom taught 8th grade science.  She says she is learning about lots of new things.


1 comment:

Maude said...

Looks beautiful! Nothing like a new kitchen. The most important room in a house in my opinion