Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2019

July 29th through August 4th

July 29th through August 4th:  Monday Chris went to work and I worked on installing the crown molding in the music/craft room. I made a trip to Clearfield to pick up the new front and back door and the moldings for the rollout trays (65) that I still have to build.  In the afternoon I installed the tile floors in the new bath and laundry rooms.
Crown molding installed in music/craft room.
  
Crown molding installed in music/craft room.

Tiled installed.

Tile in bath installed.
Tuesday I installed the tile for the floor of the 

drain pan and the cut tiles around the toilet. In 

the afternoon Chris went to work and I

 installed the handrail and balusters for the

 stairs. 
Tile for the washer drain pan installed.
Tile around the toilet installed.
Handrail and balusters installed.
Wednesday with Moose’s help we got all the sides and fronts and backs for the rollout trays cut.  I also started the moldings for the bath and laundry room.  In the afternoon the countertop guys came and installed the quartz top for the kitchen.  
Parts cut for the rollout trays.
Counter tops installed.
Thursday Mom went to work and I got the new tile floors grouted and the moldings installed around the kitchen window installed.  In the afternoon I got the wall cabinets for the bath and laundry rooms built.  Mom took the train to American Fork and will be tending James and Kirstin’s kids until Monday night.  
Tile grouted.
Bathroom tile grouted.
Friday I got the cabinets in the bath and laundry room installed with the help of Badger and Moose.  I was then able to install the crown molding in those two rooms.  Finally all the moldings are installed.  This week John B. has been working before and after work on getting the caulking done.  
Cabinet and moldings installed in the powder room.
Wall cabinet and moldings installed in laundry room.
Window trimmed out in laundry room.
Saturday John B. and I made a trip to the dump and with Moose’s help we got most of the dados cut on the rollout tray parts.  I was able to finish up some electrical, installing a box and wiring for an outlet in the island and a switch for the lights in the some of the cabinets in the music/craft room.  I got the last 2 cabinets built and installed in the laundry room.  
Trip to the dump.
In the afternoon I got cleaned up and drove to American Fork and Chris and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary by telling each other happy anniversary and going to the wedding reception of the granddaughter of my brother, Tad, and sister-in-law, Tove. It was a lovely affair and we saw a lot of family.  
L to R Tove, Rachel, Austin, and Tad.
I stayed over and helped tend our three grandchildren.  I fixed a hole in the sheetrock where Campbell their youngest had slammed a door knob into the wall.  
Saturday evening walk with Campbell.
Hole patched.

Sunday we took the kids to church and then had dinner together.  We tried to take the kids to the park but it was too hot.  I then drove back to our home in Bountiful, so I could get a full day of work in on Monday.   
Sunday breakfast of Swedish pancakes.
I will drive down again Monday evening to bring Chris home.  We got a lot done on the remodel and I can see light at the end of the tunnel.  Next week we should be able to start painting and then it is just install the vinyl floor, the cabinet doors, some hardware, and finish electrical.

No comments: