Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2019

April 22nd through April 28th

April 22nd through April 28th:  This last week, after Chris finished her two days of work on Monday and Tuesday, we worked on going through our art and choosing which pictures we would hang where.  Then I got the job of hanging them.  We aren’t completely done, but we are close.  The walls look so much better with the art on them.  

Dining room.
Two prints in the dining room.
Dining room.
This is an oil painting from China.
Kitchen.  This is an oil painting that I did years ago.
Going into our bedroom.

Just inside our bedroom door.
High school graduation photos of our 5 kids.
Bedroom wall.
Bedroom.  This is a watercolor from China.
TV room.
Bathroom.
Thursday, our niece, Megan Welling and 4 of her children, along with a girlfriend of one of her sons, came to lunch.  Megan is the daughter of Chris’ brother, Craig.  They live in Pullman, Washington and she came down to pick up kids from BYU.  It has been many years since we have seen her children and they are all grown up.  Three of them have served missions.  We had a wonderful visit getting re-acquainted.  Megan was happy to receive Grandma Cornwall's pickle dish and her cedar chest.  
Left to right:  Christian, Sydney, Mom, Megan, Truman, Susan (girlfriend) and Abby.
Thursday evening we went to dinner with our good friends, Brent and Sharon Christensen.  He is the surgeon who operated on me a few weeks ago.  I asked him when I went in for my check up if I could go back to work after 6 weeks and he said that he would not release me until we had gone to dinner.  We spent a nice evening eating and visiting with them, so now I guess I am cleared to go back to work. My next projects are John B.’s upstairs and the cement work to get a set of stairs for our entrance in the backyard.  Saturday we had a nice day in the temple.  I performed another live sealing and had an uplifting shift.  Sunday evening after church, we went to Charlotte and Alex’s home for our monthly family dinner.  Mom bought salmon and it was delicious.  We were also celebrating with an ice cream cake mom’s birthday.  I am not going to say how young she is, but it is a milestone.   We had a lovely evening with 22 of our posterity.  It is always sad when we get together and Ginny, Sam and the girls are missing.  We wish they could be with us every month.  
The adult table.
The 3 kid's tables.
Some of the 14 grandkids.
Mom blowing out her candles.

I am looking forward to getting back to work and staying busy.  So it was a great week for me. 

1 comment:

Sam said...

Happy birthday chris