Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 5, 2018

January 29th through February 4th

January 29th through February 4th:  When I get to the end of the week it is hard to remember what we did if there are not a lot of pictures to remind me.  With that said, you will see that we had the opportunity to paint a couple of times during the week.  We didn’t have a class, but none the less moved forward with our next projects.  I started three new pictures, Jake, Xela, and a landscape.  Mom painted a butterfly and started a new landscape.  I am not as confident in my ability to draw so I grid my picture and canvas and use the squares to help me keep the shape and proportions close to the same. It took maybe three hours on each to grid, draw, under paint, and to paint a layer of flesh tones on Jake and Xela.  
The picture of Jake I chose to use for his painting.
Under painting of Jake.
First layer of skin tones.
The picture of Xela I am using for her painting.
Under painting of Xela.
First layer of skin tones.
Photo of the landscape I started.
I am getting tired of just painting grandchildren.
Photo of butterfly.
This is a small 5X7 still life of a butterfly.  Mom's handiwork. 
The picture mom is using for her landscape.
Mom is starting a new landscape.
We worked our shifts in the temple and enjoyed attending a session on Friday.  Sunday we learned that our recently released Bishop’s wife had passed away Saturday night.  Bishop De Leon had been our bishop since we arrived in Guatemala and his sweet wife, Gloria, had been a temple worker.   So after church we took the Funes’, Reyna’s, and the Winkfield’s to the viewing.  The viewing here lasts all day and night.  They will have a service on Monday at one of the ward buildings and then she will be buried that same day.  I don’t think it is common to embalm the dead here so the funeral is really quick.  
Oscar De Leon and his son and daughter.  
Mom took the Holman’s and the Jenson’s to stake choir practice and then came to the Break the Fast Dinner a little late.  I drove the MTC van with the rest of the missionaries.  
Break the Fast Dinner.
The week flew by and we feel like we are back in our routine.  Life is good and we are happy, content and feel so very blessed.  As President Hill, the new MTC president always says, “It’s a great day to be a missionary.” 

2 comments:

Norm said...

I thought the underpaint of jake looked awesome.

John Norman said...

Thanks John B. The flesh tones will take a few more layers and shading.