Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 3, 2017

March 27th through April 2, 2017

March 27th through April 2, 2017:  We just got finished listening to the last session of general conference and it was wonderful.  I had to wipe away tears a few times as the Spirit confirmed the truth of the gospel principles that were taught.  I was able to listen to all the sessions the last 2 days and I feel it is such a blessing to watch and listen to apostles and prophets. Monday we had a family home evening for the Fillmore’s.  They leave next week and we will miss them so much.  Even though they only worked Friday and Saturday nights, they blessed us and everyone else on those shifts. The Johnson’s from Arizona have some medical issues that they need to get resolved and informed us that they will not be able to serve here in Guatemala.  In 4 months we will be down to one North American couple, the Winkfield’s.  We really need everyone who reads this blog to talk to your friends and family and help us get at least one or two couples coming.  
Family Home Evening.  
Family Home Evening.  
Elder and Sister Fillmore
Wednesday we had our paint class and then we spent the afternoon cooking Chinese food for Elder and Sister Curtis, one of the Area Medical Advisors, and Josh and Jill Smith, our paint instructor, their 3 kids,  and Josh’s parents who are visiting and are thinking about replacing the Curtis’s next year.  It was a nice evening and we enjoyed having them to dinner.  
Mom's painting.  She did a lot of this with a pallet knife.
I got Ellie's eye lashes and highlights painted last Wednesday in class.
This is the photo I have been working off.
Thursday after our shift, I finished the painting of the little Indian girl and got a first coat of paint on Kimball, Kate’s oldest boy.  
The picture I am working off of Kimball.
With just the underpainting.
Kimball,  Kate said he looks like an Elf from Lord of the Rings.
I got her blouse finished.  I am calling this one done.
This is the picture I was working from.
Mom snuck in and took this while I was working on the painting of Kimball.
Friday morning I worked on 2 sketches of Badger and Moose, Ellie’s two big brothers and John and Jill’s two oldest boys.  We then had the afternoon shift.  
Badger
Moose
Saturday the temple was closed for conference and we went shopping in the morning to get ready for all the missionaries that we had to dinner between the afternoon session and the Priesthood session.  We had Chinese chicken salad; the same one Connie Crayk would make for all of us in Bolivia.  We tried to call Lee and Connie, but could not get them.  
We came in from our walk and I saw this hibiscus in our entryway.
These flowers were all along the wall across the street from our house.
This is an old picture of the temple.  The hills in the background are now filled with buildings. 
Sunday we watched conference and then I worked on the blog and did more family research.  I printed over 900 names this last week and we both continue to search out our long lost cousins.  We are so blessed and feel so thankful for this wonderful assignment.  Sorry there are so many pictures of my paintings but I wanted our kids to see what we have been up to when not in the temple.  

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am so impressed with the paintings that both of you have done. What a great gift for your grandkids to have paintings of themselves done by their Poppa. Thank you for your updates each week. It makes me yearn to go out in the mission field again!

Julie S said...

I'm sorry we can't retire this year and come serve with you as temple missionaries. We'll come join you wherever you are 5 years from now. - The Savilles