Quito, Ecuador Temple

Quito, Ecuador Temple
Here is where we will be working until Feb. 2023

Welcome

Dear Readers,

We hope as you read this blog of our mission to the Quito, Ecuador temple you will feel the joy and happiness we are experiencing by being in the service of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We hope you can experience some of what we feel. Christine and I met in Quito, Ecuador 51 years ago while serving as missionaries. We are going home.


John and Christine

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 10th through August 16th:

August 10th through August 16th:  This week I have been

busy on the 2 projects at John’s house and Chris has been busy helping kids with grandkids.  
Mom spending time with Emme and Rigby.
I’ll let the pictures tell the story of how the projects are going.  Monday in the evening we spoke at a Family Home Evening of the singles ward in Layton where our good friend, Paul Belnap, is the Bishop.  It was a lot of fun to be with such good young single adults.  You could see their goodness in their faces.  
Monday I started on adding the trim for the mantle.
Tuesday evening we went to the movies and saw Mission Impossible.  
Tuesday I got the rest of the concrete board on and started the tile.
Wednesday I finished the tile in the shower, except for the top row.  I have to add some more concrete board for the trim piece.  I miscalculated the size of the gaps and the space grew.  
The other end of the shower.
Thursday I started laying out the paneling and moldings and realized that the I needed to move all the electrical and that the plumber needed to come back and move the water and waste lines.  I even had to move the light switch because it was on the outside of the bathroom in the hall and they were all tired of having to yell "Turn the light back on."  I got the electrical done and the plumber came on Friday while I was resting from my labors.
Friday I took the day off from working on John’s house and we attended by internet the first of 5 webinars put on by the temple department.  It was interesting and enlightening. We then did some clothes shopping, one of my favorite things to do (not). We went to dinner with some old friends, Boyd and Kim Wagstaff.  It was so fun to see them and hear about their family and what they are all doing.  Saturday we went to breakfast with my sister Alice who is down here tending 2 of her grandkids and my brother Van and his wife Maude. 
Saturday I got the paneling up and some of the trim done.  We had the paneling made.  It is just 1/4 inch MDF with a horizontal "V" groove.
We should be painting next week.
After work we took John and Jill to dinner to celebrate their birthdays. They are such good parents and are raising 4 great kids.  Sunday we went to John and Jill’s ward and attended the ordination of Badger.  He turned 12 this last week and he received the priesthood and was ordained a deacon.  Then we went into Salt Lake and spoke at the young single adult ward where Blake Rigby is serving in the bishopric.  Again, it was a lot of fun and always enjoyable to share some of our experiences and to testify of our Savior and His house.  We drove by our old house on Douglas Street and then had the idea to stop and see if Jim and Sylvia Mathis were home.  They were and we had a lovely visit with them.  We are sorry we forgot to take a picture.  They are such good and faithful friends.  The weeks are flying by faster than when we were in Oaxaca.  Only 8 more weeks until we start our training. I think I need a few more weeks.  
Here is a picture from Bobett of the house I included each week in our blog of Oaxaca.  It is the white house straight ahead on the left.  It looks like it is coming along nicely.   Thanks Bobett.

No comments: